Easy method of making Chicken Biryani at Home.
I like very much Chicken Biryani. This recipe is a really easy and simple to make at home. This is Indian Hyderabadi traditional chicken dum biriyani recipe that is truly delicious and very tasty.
- Basmati Rice 600 grams
Cumin Seeds ½ tsp
3. 10 Cloves
4. Salt to taste
5. Boneless Chicken ½ kg
6. Oil 4 tsp
7. Onions 3
8. Ginger Garlic paste 1 1/2tsp
9. ½ cup curd
10. Kewra Water
12. Black Cardamoms
13. Cinnamon Stick
14. Black Peppercorns
15. Green Cardamoms
16. Yellow Food Colouring
17. Green Chillies
18. Dried Prunes
19. Red Chilli Powder
21. Fresh Lemon 1
Making Method of Chicken Biryani:
- Take 2 and ½ cup Basmati Rice and soak in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Fill a large pan with water. Add little bit of salt, cumin seeds and cloves. Bring to the boil.
- Once the water is boiling, drain the rice and add it in. And, boil again. Then, turn the heat to medium flame and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice immediately. Spread it out onto a large tray so it can cool.
- Next, begin the chicken. In another large pan, heat the oil and add the sliced onions. Allow them to cook on a medium heat until onions golden brown.
- Place the green cardamoms into a spice grinder, and grind. Set aside.
- Then, put the cloves, cinnamon stick, black cardamoms, black peppercorns and cumin seeds into the grinder. Grind until a powder forms and set aside.
- Place the ginger and garlic into a food processor and blend with a little water until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
- By now, the onions should be nicely browned. Remove ¾ of the fried onions from the pan with a slotted spoon and lay them out onto a plate.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan with the remaining onions. Stir fry for few minutes until sealed.
- Then add in the ginger garlic paste, and stir in. Add in the salt, chilli powder, ground coriander and all the grinded spices (except the green cardamoms) to the pan. Give everything a good mix.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Leave the chicken to cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fresh lemon. Slice the green chillies through the middle and set them aside.
- Take the onions that we put onto a plate, and roughly crush them with your hands. Stir them into the plain yoghurt.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in the yoghurt and onion mixture. Throw in the dried prunes and the kewra water as well. Cook for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
- Now, to layer the biryani. Take a large pot and add a splash of water and a few pinches of cumin seeds.
- Spread out half the rice in the pan. Then add all the chicken marsala and spread out evenly.
- Lay out the lemon slices and green chilli slices. Top with the rest of the rice. Sprinkle the grinded green cardamoms over it and the yellow food colouring.
- Cover with a lid and place on the highest het for 5 minutes. Turn the heaat right down to the lowest and leave to steam like that for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Leave the pot covered and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving! Serve with the chutney of your choice and enjoy!